Magnetic™ is always looking for talented and professional individuals to join our growing company. If you’d like to join our team or find out more about what we do, please send your resume and a statement of your specific interests to .
DO YOU HAVE A MAGNETIC PERSONALITY? This is a rare opportunity for an online professional at an exciting start-up in the fast growing media space.
The Sales Planner has the ability to leverage Magnetic data to build creative and compelling business media campaigns geared toward the agency and direct clients. This role is responsible for working closely with sales, account management, delivery, operations, marketing and finance in order to strategize about, develop and operationalize advertising campaigns. This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills who can develop strong internal relationships. You will be instrumental in developing and executing the overall company growth strategy taking the lead in packaging solutions, creating customized sales materials and translating Magnetic products into powerful and actionable business plans based on the needs of specific agencies and their clients. You are data driven in your approach and excellent in analyzing trends and translating that into powerful strategies and compelling messages.
Among your many attributes, you are persuasive, gregarious, self-starting, a natural leader and skilled at solving problems and explaining complex issues. You possess excellent communication/presentation skills as well as the ability to work closely and constructively with all areas of the business. You’re particularly adept at developing close, one-on-one relationships.
- 1-4 years of successful sales planning experience for an interactive agency, online publisher, network or dsp.
- Experience working with online advertising agencies and advertisers
- Experience with behavioral targeting and leading edge online advertising technologies. Search experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
- Excellent Microsoft office skills, especially Microsoft Powerpoint
- Proficient in salesforce.com
- Enthusiastic, committed, proactive and resourceful; can be counted on to get the job done.
- Able to work autonomously as well as being a good team player
- Strong time management and organizational skills to maintain own work flow and meet deadlines
- Must have a desire to be part of a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Position Location: Los Angeles or Chicago
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
- Deliver excellent service and relationship management to the entire organization, especially sales.
- Create custom proposals, presentations and other sales materials
- Assist with development of strategic advertising proposals and answering RFPs
- Utilize various databases to research active and potential advertisers to identify opportunities to generate incremental spend
- Develop best practices and benchmarking initiatives to optimize agency and client relationships
- Work with Salesforce.com to properly present the sales pipeline to the management team.
- Ensure client retention is maximized as well as helping upsell and cross sell current clients by working closely with the account management team
Submit resume to .
Magnetic is an equal opportunity employer.