Magnetic™ is always looking for talented and professional individuals to join our growing company. If you’d like to join our team or find out more about what we do, please send your resume and a statement of your specific interests to .
Director of Business Development
Company: Magnetic (magnetic.is)
Headquarters: New York City, NY
Position base: New York City, NY
DO YOU HAVE A MAGNETIC PERSONALITY? This is a rare opportunity for a NYC-based online professional at an exciting start-up in the fast growing media space.
Magnetic is seeking a Director of Business Development to develop and implement strategic partnerships in the client-direct, ad-tech space. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be responsible for defining strategy, executing new partnerships, and evaluating results.
- Identify and refine optimal client-direct, retail strategy for Magnetic
- Execute strategy via development of new partnership opportunities
- Establish C-level meetings with potential data and advertising partners
- Lead cross-functional teams across the business to deliver on strategic initiatives
- Develop and manage project plans including timelines, milestones, and resourcing requirements
- Facilitate communication with internal and external partners to effectively manage partnerships
- 5+ years of experience developing and executing partnerships, from concept through execution
- Sales and ad-tech experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully executing complex deals
- Strategic thinker, able to set strategy, not just execute
- Proactive, flexible, and results-focused
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative, respectful, and trustworthy
- Strong project management skills and proven success meeting deadlines for internal execution against launch plans
- Analytical; comfortable with numbers and business case development
- Willingness to travel 25-50% of the time
- College degree
Magnetic was founded in 2008 and represents the first company to focus 100% on search retargeting. Through Magnetic’s search retargeting technology, advertisers target users with display ads based on their search history. With 8 billion monthly searches, Magnetic’s scalable search data marketplace crunches hundreds of millions of keyword combinations giving marketers and agencies the ability to leverage search data, a key indicator of intent, beyond the search engine. Its suite of retargeting technology includes both full and self-service search retargeting as well as site retargeting capabilities. Magnetic’s customer base includes Fortune 500 brands, the largest U.S. advertising agencies, ad networks, exchanges and demand side platforms. Magnetic is headquartered in New York City and funded by investors including Charles River Ventures, NYC Seed, Roger Ehrenberg’s IA Capital Partners, Founder Collective, New York City Investment Fund, Ron Conway and multiple angels. For more information, please visit https://magnetic.is.
Submit resume to .
Magnetic is an equal opportunity employer.